Sunday, September 2, 2012

Steampunk Debutante - Graphic 45

Another project inspired by Kathy at Paper Phenomenon http://paperphenomenon.blogspot.com/.  There wasn't a turtorial per se, but she did have a video that showed her version of the finished project.  Mine looks very similar, but the book portion is a simple accordion fold, with Graphic 45's bias tape holding the spine together.  Kathy's binding is much prettier, but I don't know her technique.  Each book page has a pocket and there are a few tags and such to add additional photos/journaling to make it more interactive.

The papers are a favorite of mine from Graphic 45, BUT their whole line is gorgeous.  I really love how the Tim Holtz configuration box turned out.  I covered the front edges with strips of black cardstock to give it a more finished look.  The tab closure is secured with a magnetic closure.  Martha Stewart has some really nice punches and I chose a gothic looking edge punch of hers to make the lacy looking borders you see in several places .

This is one of the UFO's hanging out in my studio for quite awhile now.  I think because I don't do much in the way of traditional scrapbooking I have been unsure how to finish it off.  I've decided to fill the configuration box with steampunk-y stuff and add some of my oldest black and white family photos and journaling to the book portion.  The tab closure needs just the right embellishment too.  Hmm.  Must go shopping.














1 comment: