Sunday, September 23, 2012

"Blood of the Dragon" Witches Apothecary Box


Laura Carson is publishing a free tutorial on her blog, Artfully Musing, for the Witches Apothecary.  "Free" is somewhat of a misnomer, however, as I just never seem to have quite the "right thing", and have to go shopping either on-line or locally.  Both of which are dangerous to my checkbook! Regardless, it has been a blast so far.

I am reading the Game of Thrones series right now, and was inspired by the character of Daenerys Targaryen.  She has mystical powers, many seeming as yet undiscovered.  She is decended from the dragon and carries their blood in hers.  Daenerys has three baby dragons she travels with, they are her 'children' and her protectors.

I started with four 4x4 paper mache boxes from Michael's, painted them black and cut Halloween-y paper to size to line the inside

After I had distressed the edges of the papers and glued them in, I cut 1/4 inch strips of matching paper and covered the ugly edges that were visible.

This reflects the end of alot of work!  A paper frame edged with dresden and enhanced with rub and buff was added.  I used some of my favorite punches and glittered them up for the blood and dragons.  The owls and other embellishements were glued in place. 

For many more details on how to put together a beautiful apothecary box, please visit:  http://artfullymusing.blogspot.com/


Eyeball Bouquet

There are SO many elements and details that will be included in my apothecary and I am only just getting started putting them together.  This bouquet is made from eyeball beads, black lillies and black roses.  I then placed it in a little bottle filled with seed beads and squirted a bunch of crystal laquer on top so it would seep down, dry and hold my bouquet in place.  Too cute!

1 comment: