Saturday, September 15, 2012

Book of Spells


I've more or less finished the spell book that has been in progress the last few weeks.  Usually my pages are much more heavily decorated and embellished, but I chose instead to add some atc's and halloween tags to the pockets of the book.  The atc's are mine and Mom's that we made together when she visited us in Wichita just before we moved to North Carolina.   The tags I purchased from another artist several years ago and they were just waiting for the right project to be included in!

For the closure, I used a Tim Holtz knob on the front and then attached a length of chain to the back with brads large enough to hold the links.  Then, all you have to do is loop the chain around the knob.  Everything was attached prior to adhering decorative paper.  It wasn't complicated at all, but gives a really big impact.


 
It was a major ordeal trying to find a test tube the right size for the center spine.  Ended up buying ten off Amazon.  Oh Darn!!!  They were just a buck a piece, including the cork so I'm sure I'll find future projects for a few of them! 



My girl, Fiona, was helping me take pictures.  She's such a good puppy!

 

The crows are a Martha Stewart punch, don't you love them?!




These are the tags and atc's that I placed in the pockets of the book.
The artist who made the tags didn't sign them and I'm sorry to say
I don't remember her name, but they are very cool.

Here it is displayed on one of the shelves in my craft room.  

Now, it's off to start the Witches Apothecary project.  Mom and I are more or less doing it together via long distance....  It will be fun to see how different they each turn out.  The inspiration for that undertaking is here:  http://artfullymusing.blogspot.com/

1 comment: